Wednesday, December 15, 2010

U2 Me2.

Its been a goooood week for me. Monday saw me waving to the kids and Dan and heading to U2. I travelled with my gorgeous friend and our two male chaperones ;)


Dan's response to me exclaiming "WANNA GO TO U2??!!" Was "meh" so I took that as 'I'm going and childcare is locked in'. Done and Done. Tickets were arranged through a friend and we began counting down.

Now I will admit I'm not a die hard camp out the 36 hours before kind of fan. I was more than happy with my seats in the nose bleeders, important word there... SEAT. I'm getting on you know. But I realise now why I was not previously a die hard fan, I hadn't had the live experience. Seriously. Those songs were written for the stadium. 85,000 singing elevation... argh goosebumps again.


Bono did not dissapoint! For a bloke 50ish, he is fit (and hot in an older man kinda way) and his voice is deeevine. I could listen to it all day.


As you have probably realised by my dribble, there is no real point to this post. Just that I was there. I rocked. and I loved every freaking minute of it! Oh my fav? Would have to have been Bono's sole voice ringing out Amazing Grace. Amazing.

The people watching was a feast for the eyes. All kinds of people all with their own stories. The Irish dude beside us with his flag waving and the lyrical Irish accent yelling at him from three rows back "stand tall brother be proud" during Sunday bloody Sunday. The lady behind me who nodded off.. (that is one expensive nap!) And the violently sunburnt lass with knee high uggs who had obviously been there all day. My skin peels just thinking of her. Oh and Oprah, I sensed she was there, she was about a km away though!

My holiday reading: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781594481734/Bono


And although I look like some kind of boozer... I had to include this one; cause I was looking hot with my rock chick nails :)

xx B.

1 comment:

  1. Yay B! (and that last pic has got me digging out my Chanel Rouge Noir nailpolish!) xx

    ReplyDelete